Search for posts by pinkpetals

1  |  2  |  »  |  Last Search found 17 matches:

pinkpetals

57, female

Pro

Re: What was the best part of The Park?

from pinkpetals on 03/17/2022 01:56 PM

Such a beautiful story you've shared! So happy that this connection was made through The Park!

pinkpetals

57, female

Pro

Re: What are you thankful for?

from pinkpetals on 01/30/2022 08:01 PM

Great to meet you Pretty Woman! 

pinkpetals

57, female

Pro

Happy Holidays!

from pinkpetals on 12/24/2020 04:31 PM

I hope this message finds everyone safe, comfortable, warm, and with someone you love, either in person or electronically. Wrap yourselves in your arms and think of warm thoughts from the universal consciousness. 
Happiest and safest holiday season!

pinkpetals

57, female

Pro

What are you thankful for?

from pinkpetals on 11/26/2020 05:21 PM

Although, Thanksgiving is an American holiday, I thought I'd broach the topic of what we are all thankful for this season. I'm thankful for all my lovely children, grandchildren, their spouses and my partner in life. I'm thankful that doctors saved me from heart failure due to having contracted covid-19 early on after the holidays last year and hope that the time I have remaining is filled with joy from watching my adult children and their sprouts grow into good citizens. 

pinkpetals

57, female

Pro

Re: What was the best part of The Park?

from pinkpetals on 09/29/2020 03:47 PM

It was indeed a lot of fun and ground-breaking at the time and really still is. Wished there were venues like it today, as this day and time are prime for such interactions. 

pinkpetals

57, female

Pro

Re: Age no longer displayed on profiles

from pinkpetals on 05/07/2020 05:24 AM

I see yours and everyone else's age in the posts, not on the profiles. But I'm kewl with it, either way! I've earned every stripe I have.. :) Hope you are doing well, Brent! 

pinkpetals

57, female

Pro

Re: Examples of good deeds during COVID-19 pandemic

from pinkpetals on 04/03/2020 04:35 AM

The examples I've currently read and been exposed to are the Teddy Bear Hunts in my state. It started in Clarksville, TN and the object is to put teddy bears in the windows of your home or business for a "scavenger hunt" and parents can get out of the house with their little ones in tow, while kids have fun with the activity. 

The second one is a student teacher at Eastern Kentucky University, our northerly neighbor who is a senior studying education for the deaf and hard of hearing. She realized that people who are deaf or communicating with deaf and hard of hearing cannot see faces, which carry emotion and relate what is communicated through sign language.  So her and her mother began sewing masks that show the lower half of one's face. They made them from bedsheets they have and clear plastic that is sewable. 

pinkpetals

57, female

Pro

Re: Finding peace amid the Covid-19 crisis

from pinkpetals on 04/03/2020 03:23 AM

Sorry it was long. :) I'm taking it one day at a time.. Trying to stay safe yet enjoy life. My mind is on my family of course, but others who are suffering. Thank you for reaching out to everyone offering your services. 

Stay Safe! 
donna

pinkpetals

57, female

Pro

Finding peace amid the Covid-19 crisis

from pinkpetals on 03/30/2020 02:12 AM

Sending love and light to everyone affected by the world-wide pandemic. I would imagine this crisis has touched everyone's lives to one extent or another. If you would like to share your experiences or frustrations, please fell welcome. 

I live in Tennessee. The goveronr is slow to act, the hospitals are testing more, but that's merely because more people are noticeably sicker, not because the CDC guidelines for testing has changed. Cases are climbing, increasing sometimes 20-30% daily. It quadrupled in one 24hr period and then 42% increase within 12hrs. 

My grandchildren (yes grandchildren, haha) by the eldest daughter and my youngest (son), are being homeschooled by my adult middle child living at home (she's wheelchair bound but has a degree in psychology) and myself. Having four at a time all day from 6:30-4, making meals, constantly cleaning up messes by the 2yr old in the interim of answering questions posed by classwork, has been challenging.

The schoolbus drivers are driving their routes to supply cafeteria and donated consumable food items for the children, for which I'm very grateful. For the picky grandchildren, I can duly declare, "Eat it! This is what is offered at school!" :) 

Once a week I brave visiting a local dollar store for essential items as our Walmart limits quantities of anything no matter what it is to a maxium of 2. Two cans of soup don't go anywhere for a week. I"m used to buying for a week or a month at a time. But I'm still well-stocked on canned veggies. I just have to use them sparsely as I can only purchase two cans of corn, no matter if it's different brands. The system won't allow it now. I can buy one bag of sugar, but not one each of two different brands. Some items I cannot order for Walmart Grocery pickup at all, like eggs or bread. I would have to go in their store, and I'm not risking shopping a big store like that. 

When I return from shopping, I'm always aware if I cough or sneeze (I have seasonal allergies and asthma) and worry until a sufficient number of days has passed. Crazy huh? I fear of picking up the virus and passing onto my wheelchair bound daughter or older husband who has a compromised immune system and also asbestos in his lungs from 30 years ago working in a retail store. But I also worry about leaving them behind, and my kids not having someone to care for my grandchildren. It saves them money, allows them to work and try to get ahead without outrageous childcare fees.

I worry about our nation too. It was already seriously divided. Things are happening to our government that my father would never have approved of. Hopefully, he can't see what is happening down here? 

But I have been enjoying working in my vegetable garden this weekend. I'm tired, I hurt physically, but it felt gratifying to spend time tooling outside and making a difference. Hopefully, everything will grow and they can be canned to put back for the months ahead. Nothing like a fresh salad or home cooked green beans from the garden. :)

Well, time to rest before another week of homeschool begins. We'll be at it until at least the last of April, maybe the end of the school year in May. 
Donna

pinkpetals

57, female

Pro

Happiest of Holidays!

from pinkpetals on 12/17/2019 05:20 AM

Happiest of holidays to everyone for whatever holiday you celebrate! And may it be a safe holiday, filled with familiy, friends, and peace within. I know that can be difficult this time of year for those who are battling depression among the shortened days of sunlight. But remember to be kind to yourself and others. Even a short-term purpose, doing for others, or reaching out to those less fortuntae, be it 2-legged or 4 legged fur babies can bring light into your days.

pinkpetals

1  |  2  |  »  |  Last

« Back to previous page